SPIRIT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAULS STARTER GUIDE

2 posters

Go down

PAULS STARTER GUIDE Empty PAULS STARTER GUIDE

Post  Admin Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you Paul Sawyer

This is what I've found useful build when playing DOA

1st things 1st build 3 level 1 houses this will give you about 2 or 3 quests completed in 30 seconds.

Now go and build 11 level 1 resources 3 lumber, 3 farms, 3 stone and 2 mines yet again in 5 mines you should have another 8 odd quests so in less then 10mins about 10/12 quests completed (cant remember the exact number.)

Now go and build 6 more level 1 houses and change your tax to 20% this will give you 155 gold

Now time to make the city bigger time to go and collect the nice rewards for the quests you have completed.

I then upgrade the Fortress to level 2 now you can speed this up but I prefer to let it go down on its own it saves items and gives you time to do whatever for 30mins. After this has upgraded build another level 1 lumber, farm and stone.

Now time to make your city look like a city and not just some houses. I personally start with the science academy so you can start researching for your resources this will once all have been researched 550 lumber and food per hour and 440 stone and metal.

Then just work your way through the unique buildings then on to garrisons. Dont forget to claim the rewards when you start to run out of resources

Build all 10 level 1 garrisons this will give you a speed up time of 10%. You dont need to upgrade them straight away cause your still protected

Now I'll leave you with this for now because I've only just reached this point.

I'll upload more while I upgrade it

Admin
Overlord
Overlord

https://spirits.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PAULS STARTER GUIDE Empty Re: PAULS STARTER GUIDE

Post  Kronomos Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 am

This is a great starting point!
Although each player might have different preferences, it is important to keep a balance between the time & resources you invest in production (houses, garrisons, farms, mills, mines and quarries) and other buildings.
Few points I would make:
- never, ever put your tax at anything lower than 50%, otherwise you're just not optimising your gold income. It is crucial to understand and remember it! For every level of theatre you build, increase your tax by 2% - so if your theatre is lvl 3, your tax should be 56%. The only exception from this rule is when you want to train your troops and you don't have enough population. What you have to do then is decrease your tax temporarily to 0%, train your troops, and once you click 'train' button, without waiting until troops are trained changing your tax back to original level.
- build your garrisons and research centre as soon as possible, keep all your progress bars (build, research, train) busy at all times!
- you will discover pretty soon that you are running out of resources. make sure you occupy as much wilderness and as high level as you can. While you're waiting for your buildings, research and troops to upgrade use your time to raid wilderness and anthro camps to increase your resources!

Hopefully you'll find it useful.

Once your protection period is over, you don't have to worry that much about your resources anymore - you can raid low level cities, 90% of them belong to players who gave up after few days and don't play any longer and later on you can switch on to bigger cities. When you reach that point, your main problem will be your army - make sure your garrisons are as high level as possible, otherwise you won;t be training them quick enough! That's something I've missed and after 2 weeks of playing 1xlvl9, 5xlvl5 and 4xlvl4 garrisons are just not good enough!
Kronomos
Kronomos
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down